The most significant benefit of delivering your child at home is the level of comfort of the mother. The comfort of the mother is paramount in ensuring easy, problem-free labor and delivery. If you are searching for a birthing experience with more privacy, then home birth might be the best option for you.
The family will have developed a relationship with the care team who will be delivering the child rather than encountering numerous hospital personnel throughout a birthing process there. Midwifery care blends together traditional and science to bring the less invasive care, that las lead to better outcomes for both mama and baby.
Family Birth Services believes water birth to be a safe and effective means of having your baby. When your body is in heavy labor or transition, the warm water in a birthing pool or tub provides a wonderful amount of calm and comfort to your body. We encourage our mothers using our Dallas/Fort Worth birthing center to take advantage of the birthing tub we have available. It has also been reported that laboring and birthing in water can have tremendous benefits in easing the intensity of labor.
The staff of Family Birth Services is knowledgeable about breastfeeding and supports it unconditionally! We offer information, care, and instruction for any mother who is interested in breastfeeding, or nursing. Nursing has been shown to provide significant benefits for babies. Breast milk helps your baby to develop a strong immune system by providing natural antibodies that ward off bacteria and viruses.
Whether you have breastfed before or whether this will be a first-time experience for you, your midwife will be able to provide you with all the information and assistance you will need to make the experience successful and pleasant for you and your child.
SneakPeek Clinical lets you learn your baby’s gender as soon as the next day. Visit our office, have blood drawn on site, and receive results via email as early as the next day.
While every person has her own DNA in her bloodstream, a pregnant woman’s bloodstream also contains DNA from her unborn child. SneakPeek looks for male chromosomes in a small sample of mom’s blood. If male chromosomes are found, that means the baby is a boy. If none are found, the baby is a girl. SneakPeek is 99.1% accurate at 8 weeks into pregnancy.
Cost is $ 129.00 for the test. Please call to schedule your appointment.
One of our main goals is to make our care as accessible as possible to all, including to those without insurance. At Family Birth Services you will pay approximately one third of the cost of delivering with a doctor in a hospital. We accept health sharing plans and insurance. Please call us today for a detailed explanation of our current charges and payment plans.
We do accept insurance. You can verify your coverage by following the steps below:
· Go to: slb-billing.com/services.html
· Scroll to the bottom to the screen until you see the Client Information Form section Fill out this section and submit your information.
· There is a $25 fee to obtain this information which is paid directly to SLB billing. Once SLB receives payment they will verify your benefits and you should receive an email response, usually within 7-10 business days.
· After your insurance has been verified, our office manager will notify you of your out of pocket expense. The deductible and co-pay are then paid according to a payment plan
Another option for covering midwifery care costs is to work with United Medical Credit. Thousands of patients have trusted them to secure affordable payment plans for their care.
Some of the benefits of choosing United Medical Credit to finance your care are:
· Extensive Network of Prime and Subprime Lenders
· Multiple Plans to Choose From
· Decisions Within Seconds
· No Prepayment Penalties with Flexible Terms
· Fast and Easy Application Process with No Commitment
· 100% Confidential
· Plans available for Credit Challenged Applicants